Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Successful TCSer

EXPERIENCE OF A SUCCESSFUL TCSer!!!!!!!

This article is for all those who are interested in TCS campus placement(i bet if you follow what all he(my friend) has mentioned then it will be a cat walk...)

Preparation for test:

English:

Word power made easy,30 days to a more powerful vocabulary (Norman Lewis), GRE barons


Quantitative:

Arihant's quantitative aptitude test 4 CAT.

Last year Papers downloaded from Net

Critical Reasoning:

Last year's papers and most importantly GRE barons 12th edition,

R S Aggarwal reasoning.

My Interviews:

I had have to give four interviews first Technical,second HR and third again Technical and there was also a fourth interview,I will tell you later about this.

First interview(Technical round):

Q:: Tell me about yourself.
A:: I am Azam Ghani doing B.Tech. from Jamia Millia Islamia,
delhi... and so on..

Q::As you have done seminar on GSM what do you know about GSM?
A::GSM stands for global system for mobile communication and having BTS,BSC,MSC etc. etc.

Q::I bought something on 10% gain and sold it at 10% loss.If there is any gain or loss to me ?
A::I could not understand this question,I simply told them.

Q::Area of circle is incremented by 20% then it is decremented by 20%. What will be the final increment or decrement in the final area of circle?
A::let area initially be A then incremented area will be 120A/100 now if it is decremented by 20% than area will be (80/100)(120A/100).Thus the final decrement will be 4%.

Q:: What is your rating in c/c++ out of 10 ?
A:: I said around 5 he said ok !

Q::WAP to print
AAAAA
AAAA
AAA
AA
A
A:: I used two loops after certain amendments i cope up with the problem.

Q:: what will be the output of following program

main()
{
int j;
int n=20;
for(j=0;n>j;j--)
printf("cool");
}
A:: i replied infinite loop then ...

Q:: Change one character in the above problem so that the loop run only for 20 times
A:: i said change '--' into '++' he said i said you have to change only one charcter then i provided the following solution
for( i=0;-ihe said ok this problem has four possible solutions then i analysed it again and said that i am not able to get more he said ok!

Q:: What are your favourite subjects?
A:: Microprocessor he said every body is saying üp who taught you üp is i replied politely Prof. M. R. Singh Sir

Q::Which was the first üp and who made that üp?
A::4004 and intel produced this chip.

Q::Which is the latest üp and what are its qualities?
A::Intel Dual core üp and its speed is very high.

Q:: As your hobby is mimicry can you mimic Bhaskar Sahab?
A:: I mimicked Bhaskar sir then he asked can you mimic me i then mimicked him also.

Q::Any question from our side ?
A:: I asked when i will come to know that i have been selected? he said you can wait outside we will put a list outside.
Again he asked any question?? This time i asked whether your company provide any fund for the charitable society. He said,yes then i asked when i will come to you,will you provide me also?he asked which organization do you belong to i replied TA'AWWUN TRUST.
He said ok Thank you azam!!

Second interview(HR round):

Q::Introduce yourself.
A::I am Azam blah blah....

Q::I see your hobby is playing football,badminton mimicry;which character would you to mimic ?
A::Shahrukh.

Q::Which football playing country do like most?
A::Brazil.

Q::Why not Argentina?
A::Well,Sir; Actually when we watch the match of
Brazil,we get a vicarious feeling that we are playing.

Q::What are your strenghts?
A::I am assidous and reliable as i don't miss the deadlines.
I can do work in clique as well as alone.

Q::One solid strength?
A::I am reliable.

Q::What are your weaknesses?
A::I am not vindictive,whatever the people do for me i bear that stoically.Once I requested my friend to provide his Pendrive as I have to do some work. He denied me.And then I bought mine and whenever he asked me for pendrive I never denied him.

Q::Why should we select you in TCS?
A:: Sir, I do relate the theoretical knowledge with practical for example as I have done seminar on GSM and i gave a look on my mobile first and looked for the IMEI no. and found that it is 358354/00/263669/3 , so this is simple example of my ability.

Q::Why do u want to join TCS?Give only 1 solid reason.
A::Job security.

Q::other than job security?
A::i come to know that ur company works for the upliftment of the community and leveraged the standard of living of many people , so i can get a chance to serve the community also when i m in TCS.

Q::Do u read magazines?
A:: yes, i read CSR.

Q::so u want to become an IAS officer?
A::(i said with a smile) no sir, i read CSR for the amelioration of my english and GK only.

Q::How wud u scale urself technically on a scale of 5?
A::around 3

Q::It means u r an average student?
A::Yes i am.

Now they switched to tech stuff

Q::what r objects?

Q::what is polymorphism?

Q::what is inheritance.

Q::what were u doing 4 the whole day?
A::Sir, i was waiting for my turn.

Q::What is the difference b/w btech comp science and btech IT?
A::i cudnt answer this ques. and gave vague answers.

Q::If not selected in TCS then in which company wud u like to go?
A::sir i've not decided yet.when ill not get selected then i'll think over it.

Q::Name 5 IT companies.
A:: i said "TCS,which is
India's no 1 software company and Wipro".and then i kept silent.i knew more names bt i didnt speak them out.

Then he said thank u ,Azam ghani u can leave.


Third interview(Technical round):

I knocked the door formally and then entered the room.
He looked at my CV and marksheet etc.
Now he simply asked..

Q::what are your favourite subjects?
A::Microprocessor.

Q::What is the structure of up?
A::I started saying..
Accumulator
ALU
Registers
Control Unit
Interrupts
Instruction Decoder
Serial I/O.

Q:: What about bits?
A::8085 has 16 bit address bus and 8 bit data bus.

Q::Do you know any üp other than 8085?
A::Yes, A bit about 8086.

Q::What is the diffrence between 8085 and 8086?
A::I said (the obvious answer which you are also thinking.)that 8086 is of 16 bit üp and 8085 is of 8 bit.

He again asked..

Q::What about address bus ?

I said ..

A::In 8085 its of 16 bit but in 8086 its of 20 bits.

Q::What is the diffrence between 8086 and 8088?
A::Both are 16 bit üp, use the same 20 bit address bus but 8086 has 16 bit data bus and 8088 has 8 bit data bus.

Now turned towards C&C++ . . . .

Q::Which type of programmes you have done in C and C++?
A::Sir, I have done simple programmes like factorial, fibonacci etc.

Q::Suppose we are having some numbers in a array and we have to sort in ascending order.Do you know what the ascending order is ?? I replied Yes.
First let you explain how you will do it
A::Sir, I will do it with bubble sort .He said explain.
I said that first of all we'll check whether the first no is greater than second and so on. But i struck somewhere then i said i'll explain it with the help of program .I wrote the code as follows.

int temp;
int a[20];
for(int j=0 ;n>j;j++)
for(int i=0 ;n-j>i;i++)
if(a[i]>a[i+1])
{ temp=a[i];
a[i]=a[i+1];
a[i+1]=temp;
}
}

Now He said ok.
Q:: any question?
A::When I'll come to know that I have been selected?He replied Very Soon.
Then he said OK you may leave now.
I said Thankyou!

Fourth interview:
"The TCS Man" Shook the hand said "enjoy Azam ghani ar you have been selected.
Interview was over then.


Peculiarities of my selection:
1. I was told an hour before the formal announcement of results that you have been selected.
2.Company took 4 interview of mine on the other hand others were giving only 2.

I hope this experience will help all the aspirants preparing for TCS !!!

2 comments:

krishna kashyap av said...

It was a great experience to me..
I will be facing CTS very soon.
Thanks for posting here.
Work from home India

Harish Udupa S said...

For 2017 version check out our blog
Placements