Saturday, November 11, 2006

INFOSYS PAPER -1

INFOSYS PAPER ON 2nd AUGUST 2006 AT RANCHI ::::

Pattern of the test was very much similar to that of the other places.
It contained:
1.10 puzzles
2.Verbal test
a)RC
b)Fill with correct words
c)A story was given.We had to fill in the blanks with appropriate verb forms.
d)Choose the correct sentence among two.
e)Choose the incorrect sentence among four.
f)Fill with appopriate phrases.

Details:

PUZZLE TEST.
Duration--60 minutes
Marks-- 50
No of Questions-10.

I think 6-7 were repeated ones.So guys please take one advice-DOWNLOAD ATLEAST 10 PREVIOUS PLACE PAPERS.I assure you that things will be easy then.Because i think to get selected in any company is to have their papers in advance.

brief idea of questions:

1) one statement was given regarding the details of age of an old man.it contained twisted information about his sons death.

like I lived certain part(it was given) of my life as child, certain as youth ,certain part as bachelor.then after 5 years of marriage my son was born and my son died 4 years before my death at half my age.what is my age

but the question was vey easy.(ans was 84)

2)In a party, there one man dances exactly with 3 ladies & 1 woman dances exactly with 3 men . there are exactly two pairs are common with every men. how many people are there in party? ans 8.its easy one.

3)It was a long question.8-9 conditions were given regading grades of 4 persons.
it was like a conversation of 4 friend about each others grades and we had to determine their grades.it was tough man!

4)It was to determine a five digit number.
various conditions were given
a)two digits are prime
b)no repeated digits
c)digit 5 is half of digit 4
d)digit 1 is one less than digit 3
e)digit 3 is the largest.
f)digit 2 is the smallest.
g)digit 5 lies between digit 1 and digit 2.

ans is 71842

5)one question was from venn diagram.
A survey was conducted among consumers who use products in liquid and powder form.one third of them dont use liquid.two fifth of them dont use powder.427 use both powder and liquidand one fifth use neither of products.what is the total no of consumers. ans 735

6)This one was based on logical resoning.it was a long question barrons type.
names of five men and women were given.they go to cinema hall.conditions regarding their seating arrangement were given.it took time but it can be solved.

7)There are three teams – DoIt, ActIt & ThinkIt – playing basketball in a championship. Three friends are speculating about the result:

A : Either DoIt or ThinkIt will make it
B : DoIt is not going to make it
C : Neither ThinkIt or DoIt will make it

only one of them turned out to be correct. Which team won?

Ans: ActIt

8) There are 3 tribes. Sorobean aways speaks truth. Narobean alwaz lies. Midorean speaks truth and false alternatively but whether he speaks truth or lies first cannot be detemined.

From the statements find who belongs to which tribe.

A: I am a sorobean
B is a narobean

B: I am a sorobean
C is a midorean

C: I am a sorobean
A is a midorean

ans: A-Midorean, B - Narobean, C - Sorobean


9) There are two trains. One from New York to Washington and second from Washington to New York. The total journey to a destination takes 5 hours. A train from New York to Washington leaves on hour at every hour The train from Washington to New York leaves an hour and on half an hour. How many trains will be passing if you are traveling from New York to Washington? Ans : 19 trains(please confirm )


10)question on clock and time.
quarter of time from midnight to present when added to half the time from present to midnight gives the present time.what is the present time. ans 9:36




analysis: questions were repeated.rest were a bit tough.i managed to solve 9 questions out of 10.there was no upper cutoff.lower cutoff was around 30 marks.i scored 45 in this.


VERBAL:

Duration:30 minutes
Marks:45
No of Questions:45

Attempt the RC after solving other 40 questions coz they are damn easy.A bit of grasp on grammer can help anyone.Choosing the incorrect among 4 sentences was the only tough part.then simply read RC at one go and you can finish 5 leftover questions.I was able to answer 38 out of 45 questions correctly.



After about 2 hrs results of the written test was out.

No of candidates appeared:300(apprx).
Selected after written : 84.


As soon as results were out we were asked to appear for interviews immediately.They told in PPT that there will be no technical intrview.They asked only puzzles and some HR questions.My turn was at 3:15 pm.

I entered the room with a smiling face and greeted the HR person.The HR person was in his mid 40s.He looked very cool and asked me take the seat.

HR:So Mr Manish!introduce youself.
I: i spoke about 2 minutes confidently.
Hr:Tell me about your father and his occupation
I:told him
HR: tell about your brothers and sisters.
I:told him.
HR:Your percentage is good in 10th(89%) but it dipped to 81(%) in 12th.can you expain why
I:make any excuse.like i utilised my time in othher works
HR:what was your rank in AIEEE.
I:i told him it was 11602.
HR:at 11602 you got BIT MESRA!
I: sir i was offered Polymer for the first year.but i worked hard and honestly to earn good grade points in two semesters.then i changed my branch to EEE.
HR:you have left some blank spaces in your form??
I:(we had to fill a form before written!please fill it with care.coz they pay attention to it)sir this is a colomn for passport and i will apply soon for it.
HR:then you shoud write NA(not applicable)
I:sorry sir i forgot(with a smile)
HR:tell me about your birthplace.
I:told
HR:what are your hobbies that are different from others??
I:sir i like playing volleyball,watching F1,Quizzing and "informations"
HR:is "information" is your hobby?
I:yes sir i love to collect informations from various sources and diversified fields.i try to analyse them.
HR(he looked impressed):ok Mr Manish!Define leadership.
I:just whatever came to mind i just spoke for 2 minutes.
HR:what qualities a leader should have?
I:I told some qualities.
HR:Tell me two instances where you acted as leader.
I:sir i was volleyball school captian in class 8.team had seniors also.so i had to manage them.again in my project work in 6th sem i took the initiative.
HR:Ok!what are ethics and morals in your opinion?
I:{i was not expecting this kind of question)sir to me ethics and morals means to be respectful to our elders,underprivilegd,society and nation and blah blah.......
HR:ok solve this puzzle.(he drew a simple figure and asked to count the no of squares)
I:i easily did.
HR:Wall is 30 m high.frog climbs 3m and slips 2 in one hr.what is the time to reach the top.
I:i almost instantly replied 28.
HR:one bag 10 red.other 20 blue.to take out 1 red and 1 blue how many balls to be taken out.
I:answered it.
HR:tell the diameter of earth.
I:told it is 6400*2=12800km.
HR:he asked me hand over my resume.

then he wished me good luck
It was such a cool interview i cant imagine how nicely it went.

Thanks,
All The best

<<HOME